Date: 2/5/19 5:58 pm
From: Sandra Keller <sandrakeller...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] thoughts on the townsends, winter finches, and the pacific loon
I met fellow birders at the trenton sewage spot. We had ok looks along
the path behind the fence. But the best looks - at least for me - were when
we birded the deciduous trees along Lambertville rd. The sun wasn't in our
eyes, no pine needles in the way, etc. I enjoyed the bird, then tried for a pic.
I managed a one star pic. Which is better than Jan!
The warblers were moving up and down the tree line from the pines to and
in the deciduous tree line. I see this as an alternate viewing spot.

I just learned today from Jason H. that mid april to early May is the best timing
for returning spring Grosbeaks. That surprised me. The lateness. So my point
being, keep those feeders up and full if you want to try and attract them! Through
the spring.

The loon was between the gazebo and before the rocks at Manasquan. Joy.
I wasn't. I was at the east end of the parking lot to the jetty tip. I went back to
the gazebo area after I got the alert. Had a nice look! But no pic. So unsuccessful.
I'll try again if the Razorbills show up again. What happened to them?

Butterfly notes - none.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini