Date: 2/5/19 5:49 pm
From: Shawn Wainwright <shawneagleeyes1...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Ocean County Rarities and others 2-5-19
I hope many of you got out on this gorgeous day to do some birding! After
work I finally got myself over to Manasquan Inlet to see the Pacific Loon,
but I missed getting great looks at it by 5 minutes as it was headed out to
sea. I got there around 4:30pm. Was nice to meet the many of you that were
there including Sandra Keller.

So Manasquan Inlet, the Pacific Loon continues. Also there was a Lesser
Black-backed Gull, all 3 Scoters, Purple Sandpipers, Dunlin, and the usual.
Also a dead Dovekie was found on the beach. I noticed a Common Loon there
with more white than usual going up to it's back. Here is a link to that
photo:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/shawn_wainwright/46086663155/in/dateposted/
Did anyone else see this one? And why so much white?

Little Silver Lake had 2 Canvasbacks.

Lake of the Lilies is still frozen over but did have an Iceland Gull.

Riverfront Landing in Toms River hosted the continuing 50 Canvasbacks.

Island Beach State Park was birdy today with 2 Razorbills, 1 Harlequin
Duck, 10 Common Eiders, 4 Great Cormorants, a Gray Catbird, a Brown
Thrasher, and the usual.

Brick Township Reservoir had 2 Redheads.

Good birding,
Shawn Wainwright

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>