Date: 2/5/19 5:51 am
From: DAVID KOCH <davilene...>
Subject: WRS, southern Northampton County
This area borders on the Delaware River to the east, the Lehigh River to the north, west to the town of Hellertown, and south to the Bucks County border. There's a valley with preserved farms in its middle, which is where I live, but the rest is primarily lightly populated residential areas on hilly wooded areas.
February 1, 2019Arlene Koch and Rudy Keller10:20 am -- 2:10 pm      3 hrs, 50 minutes
71 miles
20 -- turkey vultures19 -- black vultures20 -- redtails1-- kestrel (male) 1 -- bald eagle (adult)
There was 2-3 inches of snow on the ground and it was very cold. Temps started at 14 degrees and ended at 15 degrees. Had we been doing a CBC it would've been a great day as there were flocks of sparrows, juncos, etc., along every roadside. Otherwise the numbers were average. I have both sharpies and Cooper's in the yard or fields here just about every day but we didn't pick up any accipiters on the route.
Arlene Koch Easton, PA Northampton County <davilene...>

Join us on Facebook!