Date: 2/4/19 6:51 pm
From: Joey Kellner <vireo1...>
Subject: [cobirds] Re: Yes, you can count the Pink-footed Goose (etc.)

Interesting thing about the Baikal Teal that few people know about. After
the CBRC voted on the bird, additional information was received by the
CBRC. Seems the small creek the bird was initially seen on (before the
bird made it to Bear Creek) runs through the property of a woman that
maintained exotic birds! Birders continued to watch the teal as it was
located time and again further downstream along Bear Creek...it was
escaping! All this came to light when months later two birders found her
escaped Trumpeter Swan! Like the teal the swan was also unbanded and had
both its halluxes (hind toes) intact. She refused to answer any questions
(or even thank the birders that found her "lost swan").

"Now you know the rest of the story." - Paul Harvey

Joey.

Joey Kellner
Littleton, Colorado