Date: 2/4/19 2:36 pm
Subject: Common Goldeneyes still at Huntington Beach SP, Georgetown County, SC
4 Common Goldeneyes were reported at HBSP by Ritch Lilly on Jan 28. 1 or
more have been reported regularly by several observers since then.
I have seen from 1 to 3 several times over the past few days, and this
afternoon Barbara and I saw 5. All appeared to be females, but there could
be a mix of females and immature males.
Every time I have seen them they have been at the south end of Mullet
Pond. The best place I have found from which to observe them has been the
observation deck at the end of the Kerrigan Nature Trail, although they can
also be seen from the Causeway (scope required) and the Atalaya Carriageway.

Paul Serridge
Greenville, SC

Join us on Facebook!