Date: 2/4/19 2:23 pm
From: Bob Schutsky <info...>
Subject: Southeast Lancaster County WRS, 4 February 2019
Dear PABirders,

Tom Amico and I conducted the Southeast Lancaster County Winter Raptor
Survey (WRS) today, Monday, 4 February 2019. This survey has been
conducted annually beginning in 2004. Conditions for this year's survey
were full sun all day, no clouds, with a very light east breeze (0-2
mph). Air temperature ranged from 40 to 53F. There was a distant light
haze all day. The haze, combined with bright sun, made for difficult
viewing at times.

Southeast Lancaster County WRS.
4 February 2019.
Bob Schutsky and Tom Amico.
5hr and 10 min.
9:50am to 3:00pm.
63 miles.

Turkey Vulture, 257.

Black Vulture, 42.

Red-tailed Hawk, 30 total (21 adult, 9 age not determined).

American Kestrel, 4 total (3 male, 1 female).

Bald Eagle, 6 total (4 adult, 2 immature).

Average Temperature, 47F.
Sunny sky entire survey, no clouds, distant light haze.
Wind very light, 0-2mph from the east.
Snow cover, 0-1".
No ice on creeks, ponds partly frozen.

Other birds of note: Red-bellied Woodpecker, 3. Northern Flicker, 1.
Horned Lark, 4. Eastern Bluebird, 20. White-crowned Sparrow, 5.
No large flocks of blackbirds.

The two Bald Eagle nests between Belmont Road and Cherry Hill Lane, just
south of the town of Paradise, are still present. We saw no Bald Eagles
in that immediate area.

Sincerely,
BOB

BOB SCHUTSKY
Web Site www.birdtreks.com
--
BIRD TREKS--Quality Worldwide Birding Tours
216 Spring Lane

Join us on Facebook!