Date: 2/4/19 11:44 am
From: Dave Brooke <davbrooke...>
Subject: 3RBC February Meeting
Correction: I misspelled Aidan's name in yesterday's email and felt it only
fair to this tremendous young birder to post it correctly.

The Three Rivers Birding club will be holding it's next meeting on
Wednesday, February 6th at the Phipps Garden Center, 1059 Shady Ave,
Pittsburgh, 15217

Our speaker will be Aidan Place. Aidan was chosen to participate in the
Champions of the Flyway competition in Eilat, Israel, an ABA sponsored
event, along with 2 other college aged birders to represent the USA. The
"race" in March 2017 was a two-part international challenge: first, to list
the most bird species during 24 hours in Israel's Negev Desert; second, to
raise funds for bird conservation in the eastern Mediterranean Basin where
migrating birds face horrific slaughter.
Join us for his presentation titled "An Israeli Bird Race for Conservation."

Doors open at 6:30pm followed by the business meeting at 7:30 and the
program beginning at 8:00.

Our meetings free and open to the public. Please join us

--
Dave Brooke
Program Director

Join us on Facebook!