Date: 2/4/19 9:17 am
Subject: Re: Congregation of Bald Eagles at Jordan Lake, NC dam
The most recent information from Jon Bannerman, who organizes the
volunteers for the Army Corps who monitor the eagles nesting at Jordan
Lake, is that last year there were 19 successful nesting pairs and 30
fledged chicks. I'm not sure that that represents " *the largest
concentration of bald eagles in the eastern United States," *but it is
certainly a remarkable change from when the birds first started showing up
40 years ago.

The concentration of eagles roosting and/or hanging out in the area below
the spillway just below the dam has been going on for several years. It's
quite a sight to see.

--
Norm Budnitz
Orange County