Date: 2/4/19 8:12 am
From: 'The \Nunn Guy\' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Raptor Alley Field Trip Results [Weld]
Hi all

Beautiful day for raptoring Saturday! I took the Colorado State University
Field Ornithologists Club on their 4th Annual Raptor Alley trip (along with
some other birders)--probably had two dozen total.
Photos-http://www.friendsofthepawneegrassland.org/albums/view/30/raptor-alley-nunn.

We had all of the raptor expected species (9) and an average # of birds
(31):

- Bald Eagle - 2
- Ferruginous Hawk - 7
- Red-tailed Hawk - 6
- Merlin - 1
- Northern Harrier - 3
- Prairie Falcon - 1
- American Kestrel - 3
- Rough-legged Hawk - 2
- Unknown buteo - 3
- Unknown falcon - 1
- Golden Eagle - 2
- Pronghorn, Jackrabbit and Coyote

Sunday, Cozzens Lake [Eaton] was one of my stops and my Wild Turkey
"friends" appeared--38 of them (first 8 photos,
http://www.friendsofthepawneegrassland.org/albums/view/11/cozzens-lake-eaton)!

We had a Red-bellied Woodpecker on the Sterling CBC a month ago, here is
photo:
http://www.friendsofthepawneegrassland.org/albums/photos/view/67/594/red-bellied-woodpecker

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://www.friendsofthepawneegrassland.org/