Date: 2/3/19 5:05 pm
From: Paul Desjardins via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Black Hawk

Paul Desjardins
<paul.desjardins2...>
Phone: (860) 623-3696

This month marks my 60th year of birding and it goes without saying that the Great Black Hawk was one of the rarest birds I have ever seen. And to think that he made it all the way to Maine! Totally unexpected! But I have a saying- expect the unexpected. What a great ambassador for the birding community! If he was responsible for just one non birder becoming a birder then even in death he will have accomplished something.

Paul Desjardins
Windsor Locks