Date: 2/3/19 3:26 pm
From: Nick Lethaby <nlethaby...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Goleta wetlands, Sunday
I did a quick tour of LLC, Goleta Beach, Area K, Stork Field, and Devereux
late morning. Didn't use a scope to properly check any of them. LLC is
getting nicely full, but still well short of the overflow level. If the
overflow pond actually gets full, then I will declare the drought over.
Area K has lots of water as do the surrounding areas.

Gull variety was similarly disappointing to Ocean Beach yesterday with no
GW, Herring, or Thayer's, and just a couple of hybrids. I didn't check the
gull flock on NCOS closely, but there was nothing obviously good.

Area K and the surrounding ponds had a nice variety of ducks including 4 BW
Teal. These were probably the most interesting birds I saw.

--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA

<nlethaby...>