Date: 2/3/19 10:34 am
From: Aaron Bowman <ampbowman...> [AKBirding] <AKBirding-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [AK Birding] Tips to Find Rock Sandpipers in Anchorage
Hi Courtney,
Try scanning from the edge of the motorcross in Kincaid on an ebb tide. In
winter they follow the ice blocks and feed around them as the ice scrapes
the top layer of mud and exposes food. Another spot is from Pt. Campbell
beach in Kincaid. Again a falling tide with decently exposed flats seems to
work best there.

Watch for them in flight over the ice and if you are lucky they may get
reasonably close at the Campbell beach.

Good luck!

Aaron Bowman
Cordova

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019, 10:23 AM Courtney Brown <blackwolfbrown...>
[AKBirding] <AKBirding-noreply...> wrote:

> Hello Birders,
> I’d like to see our Cook Inlet sandpipers here in Anchorage. Can you offer
> some tips as to best locations, timing relative to the tide cycle, or other
> info? Thank you!
> Courtney

Join us on Facebook!