Date: 2/3/19 6:36 am
From: Janet Warren <jwarren...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] crows - American and fish - Colchester
For the last few years we have put donuts out for “our” three crows. We now have as many as 8 showing up. Recently, when they have finished the donuts, they have been eating bird seed (we scatter bird seed on the ground). Could that mean that they are starving? We tried putting cracked corn out for them, and they weren’t at all interested in it. We were thinking of putting some dried dog or cat food out . Does any body know whether we should moisten it first?
Janet Warren
Cornwall
> On Feb 2, 2019, at 3:22 PM, Mike Sargent <msargent...> wrote:
>
> For those of you who are still interested in large numbers of crows: Yesterday morning I walked along the Saint Michael's College nature trail in Colchester. At the garbage disposal piles at the west end, I came upon hundreds of crows, as well as hundreds of starlings. They were all making quite a racket. I heard a few fish crows amid the cacophony. For a few minutes, the darkest red-tailed hawk I've ever seen soared high above, briefly attracting only one minimally-aggressive crow.

Join us on Facebook!