Date: 2/2/19 5:20 pm
From: Lucas Wilson <lucasgwilson...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Bischoff Reservoir Geese
After an unsuccessful attempt at viewing them ended in nearly every bird flushing yesterday, I decided to try viewing the huge flocks of waterfowl at Bischoff Reservoir. As I pulled up, there was a medium-sized group of Mallards and Canada Geese on the ice and a flock of Common Goldeneye on the small hole in the ice. Over the next 30 minutes, however, thousands of Canada Geese and hundreds of the aforementioned ducks started packing in. In the fading light, among the final groups of geese included a flock of nine Cackling Geese, announcing their presence with squeaky, high-pitched calls that contrasted with the Canadas’. There could have been more species present, but many birds were unidentifiable due to the low lighting. 2/2/2018 Ripley County.

Lucas Wilson.

Join us on Facebook!