Date: 2/2/19 3:45 pm
From: Pete Sole <pete...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] It was a dark and stormy morning...
Hi birders,

It was a dark and stormy morning... but the birding was PHENOMENAL! :)

I started the day with "Tan" or better said, our continuing "tan
stripped" WHITE-THROATED SPARROW at our home, pecking at the seed I
threw on the ground. Next, a visit to the cementary next to College
lake, produced exceedingly close views of the 4 continuing CATTLE
EGRETS. Using the car as a blind, the birds were at times less than 7
feet away. Then, a stop at Struve Slough behind West Marine, produced
the 4 REDHEADS, 2 males and 2 females. I ended the morning at Lee Road
and picked up a distant TROPICAL KINGBIRD before heading home for a
delicious home cooked meal from Nancy. A great day inspite of the
blustery weather. For pictures and details see the following ebird reports:

Cattle Egrets at the cemetery: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S52298593

Redheads at Struve Slough: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S52302254

Tropical Kingbird at Lee Road: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S52304856

Fun birding,