Date: 2/1/19 8:58 pm
From: 'Lisa Sheridan' via mbbirds <mbbirds...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] injured Sharp-shinned ideas from raptor experts.
Hi All,
This beautiful Sharpie was in my yard today and looked hungry and tired. I discovered it on accident after it didn't fly when I was just a few feet away.  At first I thought it was a starving youngster and it wasn't until I opened my photographs later to discover he has an injured foot. He can move the leg but clearly the foot is not operational.Photographs show front and back side of foot.
He was trying to hunt my bird feeders and was alert enough to watch for possible food opportunities.However, he fell asleep several times and is clearly in distress and weak.
I've left a message for Native Animal Rescue in hopes they might be able to help me catch it.But with so many knowledgable raptor people on the site I wondered if anyone has the skill to capture it or advice on what I can do to help it.
I'm hoping to spot it tomorrow but who knows if it will be here. Either way it might be useful to know what possibilities there might be to capture an injured Hawk or Falcon.
Hard not to feel heartbroken for this guy,
Thanks in advance for any hopeful ideas, here is the bird link.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S52285797
Lisa Sheridan