Date: 2/1/19 6:36 pm
From: Tony Eason via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Westport: Long eared owl call?
Tonight, heard repeated  very LOW,  very SLOW  hooooot hooooot hooooot.  Did not sound like any other owl I've ever heard.  Nothing like any great horned owl,  barred owl, screech that I've ever heard.  Listened to long eared owl calls online and it sound very similar.  I then went out again and it was still calling.  I went to get a closer listen and heard a second, similar owl call, in distance.  Different owl from what was in my vicinity.   Anyone hearing seeing long eared owls in Westport?