Date: 2/1/19 3:31 pm
Subject: Birding Guilford Co NC
Greetings all

It was a great day Birding today in Guilford Co visiting three major lakes first was Oak Hollow Lake, Lake Brandt and then Townsend Lake.

I managed to add 10 species to my Guilford Co list but still couldn’t find a Winter Wren or a Yellow-Rumped Warbler, winter species that I’m trying to find while they are here.

Missed the Canvasback at Oak Hollow but I made up for it by finding 2 female Goldeneye at Lake Brandt

Weather wise it was a great day except for the first time I was out on the bridge on the trail at Bur-Mil. After going back to car and eating a snack and getting extra jacket and scope I returned to the bridge and that’s when I found the a Goldeneyes

eBird Checklist Summary for: Feb 1, 2019

Number of Checklists: 7
Number of Taxa: 49

Checklists included in this summary:
(1): Bur-Mil Park
Date: Feb 1, 2019 at 10:05 AM
(2): Lake Townsend--Doggett Rd. Causeway (East)
Date: Feb 1, 2019 at 2:50 PM
(3): Bur-Mil Park
Date: Feb 1, 2019 at 12:20 PM
(4): Harris Teeter - Old Battleground Rd, Greensboro US-NC (36.1472,-79.8671)
Date: Feb 1, 2019 at 9:55 AM
(5): Bur-Mil Park
Date: Feb 1, 2019 at 12:35 PM
(6): Oak Hollow Lake
Date: Feb 1, 2019 at 8:00 AM
(7): Lake Townsend--Church St. Bridge (South)
Date: Feb 1, 2019 at 1:55 PM

20 Canada Goose -- (1),(6)
3 Northern Shoveler -- (1)
1 Gadwall -- (1)
2 Mallard -- (2)
4 Lesser Scaup -- (6)
8 Bufflehead -- (1),(3)
2 Common Goldeneye -- (3)
93 Hooded Merganser -- (1),(2),(3),(6)
10 Red-breasted Merganser -- (6)
5 Pied-billed Grebe -- (1),(6)
9 Horned Grebe -- (2),(6)
15 Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) -- (6)
2 Mourning Dove -- (6)
3 Bonaparte's Gull -- (2)
950 Ring-billed Gull -- (1),(2),(3),(6)
3 Herring Gull -- (2)
20 Double-crested Cormorant -- (1),(2),(6)
10 Great Blue Heron (Blue form) -- (1),(2),(3),(5),(6),(7)
1 Turkey Vulture -- (4)
1 Bald Eagle -- (7)
3 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker -- (1),(6),(7)
2 Red-bellied Woodpecker -- (1),(6)
5 Downy Woodpecker -- (1),(5),(6)
2 Hairy Woodpecker -- (1)
2 Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) -- (1)
2 Blue Jay -- (1)
14 American Crow -- (1),(2),(3),(4),(6)
1 Fish Crow -- (6)
2 Carolina Chickadee -- (1)
5 Tufted Titmouse -- (1)
3 White-breasted Nuthatch (Eastern) -- (1),(6)
6 Brown-headed Nuthatch -- (1),(6)
1 Brown Creeper -- (5)
9 Carolina Wren -- (1),(5),(6)
5 Eastern Bluebird -- (1),(5),(6)
6 American Robin -- (6)
1 Brown Thrasher -- (1)
1 Northern Mockingbird -- (6)
4 European Starling -- (6)
2 House Finch -- (6)
2 Fox Sparrow -- (1)
4 Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored) -- (5)
8 White-throated Sparrow -- (1)
2 Song Sparrow -- (1)
2 Eastern Towhee -- (1)
1 Red-winged Blackbird -- (1)
2 Pine Warbler -- (1)
10 Northern Cardinal -- (1),(5)
5 House Sparrow -- (4)

This trip summary was created using the eBird app for iPhone and iPad.
See eBird for more information.

Good Birding Always

From my iPhone

May God Bless and Keep You