Date: 2/1/19 2:05 pm
From: Thomas Robben via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] March 9th : birding in LIS waters on new luxury vessel.
Dear Friends,

The Hartford Audubon Society is running a unique 40-mile once-only
"mini-pelagic" bird-fish-plankton trip in LIS Long Island Sound on saturday
March 9th.
If you might be interested, all the details can be found at this website...

https://sites.google.com/view/lisgullsplanktontrip/home

This is a trip for you,
IF you like going into LIS waters which are usually not accessed by
birders, with 35 other expert birders and top marine scientists, on a new
$2.7million 63-foot QUIET stable hybrid-electric luxurious catamaran
research vessel from the Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk. We are aiming for
this trip to get lots of great birds (Little Gull? skua???) and to
determine what those thousands of gulls are feeding on offshore. We intend
to find these large flocks, cruise into these flocks slowly, get very close
to these birds, and learn more about what they are feasting on, using
binoculars, cameras, plankton nets, underwater video, onboard microscope
displays, etc.

One way or another, this will be a memorable one-of-a-kind cruise in LIS.

To register please:
1) immediately email to : <robben99...> .
2) Please pay $80 by check by February 9th.

Full DETAILS at this website above, including a recent Jan.27 video at Long
Beach, showing the gull flocks starting to build up to their massive
numbers in March .

Please contact me SOON, since we believe this ship will fill up its quota
of 35 very rapidly , in a few days .

Best regards,
Tom Robben