Date: 1/31/19 5:20 pm
From: Shawn Wainwright <shawneagleeyes1...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Pacific Loon continues 1-31 and some Ocean County birding news
The Pacific Loon continues at Manasquan Inlet where it was reported to be 5
degrees there with a wind chill below that. And I quote Marc Chelemer that
said "So cold, there was visible condensate coming off the ocean's surface.
Tide going out and high."
It was seen by a few people throughout the day.
Other birds seen there included: Lesser Black-backed Gull, 2 Razorbills, 1
Killdeer, 2 Gadwalls, and a Common Eider.

Lots of Ducks were seen at Riverfront Landing in Toms River by Amy Davis.
45 Mallards, 56 Canvasbacks, 82 Ring-necked Ducks, 12 Bufflehead, and 225
Ruddy Ducks!

And a record was broken today for most species seen in Ocean County for
January.
Jessica Howland has seen 115 species. For Ocean County that's really good.
Previous record was held by Alex Majewski back in 2015 with 113 species
seen. Michael Mandracchia came in a great 2nd place at 112 species seen.

I've been too busy to go birding and i'm lucky to have 25 species right now
lol. Well my glory days were back in the 90's through the early 2000's with
Fred Lesser, Donald Sutherland, and George Wenzelburger doing big days at
Island Beach. I miss those guys. Good times.

Good birding!
Shawn Wainwright

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>