Date: 1/31/19 2:25 pm
From: 'Lisa Sheridan' via mbbirds <mbbirds...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Cattle Egret and photo opportunity notes
Today was my third attempt and I finally had success finding the Cattle Egrets on the lawn at the Watsonville Cemetery.  Apparently they spend mornings there and today came in around 9:30 am. Some people have seen them at the end of the day and during the day but its hit and miss.
There have been a few reports that one can walk right up to them. I did not find that to be true and as a matter of fact I found them to be very leary of anyone walking toward them. So please, use the car as a blind and/or respect a reasonable distance to them so as not to flush them.
I found that by placing myself in one place for a while the birds would then walk toward me eventually.
This is really a fun place to bring a camera and get some unique pictures. I obviously couldn't post them all but here are a few photos I put on ebird to enjoy.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S52247685
Cheers,
Lisa Sheridan