Date: 1/31/19 1:25 pm
From: Kearns, Amy <AKearns...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Breeding Bird Survey Routes Available (no sightings)
Would you like to help birds and contribute to science by completing a roadside bird survey in early to mid-June every year? Can you identify all the breeding birds in your area by sight and sound? Do you have access to an automobile for reliable transportation? If so, I'd like to offer you an opportunity to run a Breeding Bird Survey route! Indiana has 10 vacant routes - take a look and see if there is one near you! Each 25 mile route has 50 stops where an observer counts birds for 3 minutes. The valuable data is used to inform bird conservation - for example, to help identify trends and alert conservationists if a species is in decline. You can view available routes, access data, and read more about the BBS at the below link. If you'd like to volunteer, send me an email soon and I'll get you signed up. Thank you and have a great day!

https://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbs/index.cfm

Amy Kearns
Assistant Nongame Bird Biologist
Indiana Division of Fish & Wildlife
562 DNR Rd Mitchell IN 47446
<akearns...><http://mc/compose?to=<akearns...>
(812) 849-4586<tel:%28812%29%20849-4586> ext. 223 (office)
(812) 844-3042 (cell)

Join us on Facebook!