Date: 1/31/19 12:01 pm
From: Arthur Shippee via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Great Black Hawk Going Forward
Mike Warner‘s plea is understandable, but in the end I think the plan would be unworkable, as has been discussed on this list before.

The fate of an individual bird is different from the fate of the species. Public money spent on individual rescues would be better spent on habitat defense or development.

Also, capturing a bird is no easy thing. The hawk could be captured only because its health was compromised.

I’m sorry to lose this bird, but I’m not sure what else could have been done.

Thanks, Mike, for raising the issue.

Arthur Shippee
Hamden.

Sent from my iPhone