Date: 1/31/19 11:35 am
From: Jim Arterburn <JIMARTERBURN...>
Subject: New Photos Added to my Website
OKBirds,

I have added another new set of photos to my PBase website. These
photos are mainly from Lake Tenkiller, Lake Hefner and Lake Overholser.
Some of the species added from these locations include American Wigeon,
Downy, Red-headed and Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Purple Finch,
White-breasted Nuthatch, Belted Kingfisher, Bufflehead, Common Loon and
Great-tailed Grackle among others. I noticed on my Great-tailed Grackle
photos that the male has a black mask around the eye and bill. I had
never noticed this before. I assume that the black feathers are not
iridescence like the rest of the birds feathers are. Also on the male
Bufflehead photos you can see the various colors on the head rather than
the solid dark head that you normally see. These photos can be seen at
the link below.

http://www.pbase.com/oklahomabirder/recentbirds

I have also added more gull photos to my Lake Hefner Gulls gallery. The
photos are of various ages of Herring Gull as well as Lesser
Black-backed Gull. They can be seen at the link below.

http://www.pbase.com/oklahomabirder/okcgulls

Cheers,

Jim Arterburn

Join us on Facebook!