Date: 1/30/19 6:06 pm
From: rogerschoedl via Groups.Io <rogerschoedl=<aol.com...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] Brookside Park
I went on my lunchtime walk through Brookside Park in Pasadena today.

The wintering PAINTED REDSTART continues in the dead Coulter pine at the top of the slope east of the Aquatic Center.

Also noteworthy was a White-breasted Nuthatch calling "yididididid" sounded very like an interior west (tenuissima) type to me. It was working the euc next to the vine covered bandstand and the oaks to the east. It called only intermittently but was much more audible than a Pacific (aculeata) type calling upslope to the east. A second aculeata was in the pine with the redstart. I previously only heard aculeata types in the park on walks this season so this nuthatch seems to be a new arrival. Local birders who find this of interest may want to obtain recordings.

Roger Schoedl
Huntington Beach

-=-=-
Group Owner: LACoBirds+<owner...>