Date: 1/30/19 2:30 pm
From: John Weeks via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Simsbury, White-crowned Sparrow; Hockanum River Reservoir, Red-necked Grebe
The first-winter White-crowned Sparrow was again present this morning along the dirt road opposite Gifts of Love, Wolcott Rd, Simsbury. Look for it near, or on, the tall dirt mound.

Maggie Peretto’s wonderful find in East Hartford, a Red-necked Grebe, was napping on the Hockanum River this afternoon around 2 PM and providing good looks to me and Sara Zagorski. (We DID have to wait half an hour for the bird to raise its head and show its bill…) From the parking lot behind the East Hartford Middle School, walk downstream along the Hockanum River Linear Trail past the observation platform. The bird was resting in the wide stretch of the river between the platform and the Scotland Road bridge.

John Weeks
North Granby