Date: 1/30/19 9:37 am
Subject: Goldeneyes--Size doesn't matter
I am a humble semi-low level birder. The discussion of goldeneyes and buffleheads seems way over-debated here. Just do a search on goldeneyes and select the Cornell Lab's All About Birds site for an easy comparison. There is no confusing the two species, even the distinctions and identification of both species of goldeneyes and bufflehead. Size does not matter a whit. AAB directly compares similar species on all birds, including these three against each other. Even I have no problem distinguishing them. Q.E.D.

Back to my snooze now.

--Sunset Eagle

Join us on Facebook!