Date: 1/29/19 5:02 pm
From: Tony Belejack via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Milford-Stratford Highlights
Hi! Today was the last day I went birding for Big January. It was successful. Here is the list
Audubon coastal center at Milford point:
1 Long tailed duck (Possibly injured as it was on the sandbar)
1 Song/Lincoln's Sparrow/Swamp Sparrow (Very brief looks)
2 Greater black backed Gull
11 Black ducks
2 Marsh Hawks (Harriers)
Silver sand SP:
1 Barred Owl (Great photos! If anyone wants to take a look at them ask me!)
5 Fish Crows
2 Herring Gulls
2 Ring billed Gulls
Stratford Point:
5 American Wigeons
10 Common Eiders
1 Greater black backed Gull
Long Beach:
1 Iceland Gull
1 Glaucous Gull
6 Sanderlings
5 Dunlins
15+ Larus gulls
15 Long tailed ducks (A high count for me)
Stratford Frash Pond
9 Canvasbacks
2 Hooded Mergansers
Short Beach:
10 Canadian Geese
2 Herring Gulls
If anybody wants to check out my photos reply to this email!
Tony Belejack
Wallingford