Date: 1/29/19 4:35 pm
Subject: Strange white goose at Pocosin Lakes NWR
On Saturday, January 26, Al Hooks, Peggy Eubank and I visited Pocosin Lakes
NWR, by way of the Ocracoke to Swan Quarter ferry. Had dozens of Brant,
from Hatteras to Ocracoke and good numbers of scoters and other diving
ducks.

At Pocosin Lakes NWR, we had 3 Sandhill Cranes and 4 Ross's Geese, all
flyovers.
We also observed an all white goose that I thought was a leucistic or
albino Snow Goose at the time, but after looking at the photos, the bill is
wrong for Snow Goose. Opinions on this bird would be welcome.

Find it at <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.flickr.com_photos_natureimages_&d=DwIBaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=LGlHQQJP9d_q8gXoPLxin_SR43kLOC8TW3OHECkQwB4&s=woNx4dI8K2rp-RHXdBaScoUMLvw9WcJP5AIXHVp2aNI&e=>

Thanks,

Jeff Lewis
Manteo, NC

Join us on Facebook!