Date: 1/29/19 3:47 pm
From: Lucas Wilson <lucasgwilson...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Batesville Short-Eared Owl
While waiting for my dentist’s appointment at 3:30 this afternoon, I observed two Short-Eared Owls hunting in the field adjacent to the Physician’s Center/Hansen Center to the left of 229. The first bird lingered over the field, looping low over the long grass, and was soon joined by a second owl, which flew directly above my head, allowing for an ID. The first bird eventually flew off the left. I was unable to see if the birds stayed or left, as I had to proceed with my appointment, but when I left the birds were absent. Franklin County, IN

Lucas Wilson

Join us on Facebook!