Date: 1/29/19 3:17 pm
From: Helena Grant <bannerh...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Fwd: [Arlington Birds] Menotomy Bird Club Trip Reminder
Sorry can't come, sounds wonderful but I am working that day.
Had some wonderful sightings of four (4!) Bald Eagles there this past
Sunday afternoon, with people there who knew them by name and band number.
Two adults, two juveniles. The female adult caught a fish and then ate it
while the others looked on!
In the course of the 45 minutes I was there they put on quite an aerial
show.
Helena Grant

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 2:44 PM '<dacooper...>' <dacooper...>
[arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...> wrote:

> This Saturday:
>
> *Saturday, February 2*
> *Mystic Winter Birding*
> Take a 90-minute walk along the Mystic Lakes and the upper Mystic River to
> discover what birds can be found in the middle of winter. Each year
> hundreds of birds winter on and around the Mystic River and Lakes as long
> as open water is available. We'll look for raptors, such as Bald Eagle,
> Merlin, Cooper’s Hawk and Red-tailed Hawk; waterfowl, including Common and
> Hooded Mergansers; possibly a wintering Great Blue Heron, Red-bellied
> Woodpeckers and much more. Dress appropriately for the weather. (In very
> cold weather, this means in layers with hat or cap, gloves, water resistant
> boots with tread.) Meet at the Mystic Lakes Dam. Park at the Medford Boat
> Club parking lot in Medford directly off the Mystic Valley Parkway. (The
> parking lot is your first left about a half mile north of the Rte 60 bridge
> crossing the Mystic.) Canceled in persistent rain or icy conditions; will
> go in light snow as long as parking is open at the Mystic Lakes. Bring a
> birding field guide and binoculars if possible; there will be car pooling
> and very limited walking from the cars. Co-sponsored by the Friends of the
> Mystic River. 10:00AM-11:30PM Paul Roberts <phawk254...>
> <phawk254...>
>

> Renee LaFontaine
> Medford, MA

Join us on Facebook!