Date: 1/29/19 12:14 pm
From: Chris Grecco <chris.grecco65...>
Subject: American Crow Winter Roost & Early Killdeer,Centre Co.
Hi All,

Yesterday my wife,daughter and I were doing some shopping in State College.We were in the plaza where Wegman’s,Target,Michael’s and PetCo are located.When getting out of our vehicle near PetCo,we observed large numbers of crows in flight,over the main plaza area.We also observed several crows perched in trees,directly behind PetCo.It appeared the crows were staging to go to a winter roost.The time was around 4:45 to 5pm.

At the same time,I did hear three different killdeer from different locations of the plaza.This could have been European starlings mimicking killdeer,but the cadence of the calls made me think it was real killdeer.

Chris Grecco
Clearfield,Pa.
Clearfield Co.

Sent from my iPhone