Date: 1/28/19 6:45 pm
From: <busyday...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] possible correction on today's "Rusty" Blackbird sighting
Birders,

Mon 28 Jan

With some coaching from Jim Pike, I took a closer look at the photos of the bird I identified today as the continuing Rusty Blackbird. Today's bird lacks the buff edgings to some of the coverts, tertials and secondaries which showed up well on one of my RUBL photos on 15 Jan. The face on today's bird also does not show the strong pattern seen in earlier photos. The Rusty Blackbird is probably still at Jesse Owens Park, but the bird I photographed today might well be a "rare-ish" yellow-eyed female Brewer's.

Richard Barth
West Hollywood

Listowners: mailto:<LACoBirds-owner...>
-=-=-