Date: 1/28/19 5:09 pm
Subject: Birding Forsyth & Stokes Co
Greetings all:

It was such a great day today to be out Birding considering we are scheduled for more winter weather oh well it’s winter so let it come on and do what it must.

I spent the best part of the day in Forsyth stopping first at the Swann Water Treatment Plant to add the Common Mergansers to my NC Life List. Got them with no trouble at all and the gentleman at the plant was so helpful in telling me that I could drive around the plant which really help and save me some time.

If you go there you have to sign in and sign out which you could do at the same time to save you from returning back to the office which I did. So as I was leaving and bussed him back to thank him again for letting birders to go Birding there and to let him know that I was leaving.

My next stop was Salem Lake and I first went to the Marina area and after getting directions to the parking area to the Lake at New Greensboro Rd, I drove them but on the way I came across the parking area on
Linville Rd and spent some time there.
I finally made it to the parking area at New Greensboro Rd and it was another great stop.

After leaving Forsyth Co my plan was to bird two Hotspots in Stokes Co but I only made it to Walnut Cove Wastewater Treatment Plant where I found 5 species of ducks and 25 Wilson Snipes.

I didn’t have time to make it too my last planned stop as it was about 25 minutes away and I was already nearly 1600 hrs.

The trip today add 2 more counties of NC and one more NC Life List Species.

But most of all it was great to be out enjoying God’s Creation.

jeffblalock
eBird Checklist Summary for: Jan 28, 2019

Number of Checklists: 8
Number of Taxa: 52

Checklists included in this summary:
(1): 6495 Shallowford Rd, Lewisville US-NC (36.0976,-80.4205)
Date: Jan 28, 2019 at 7:15 AM
(2): Paschal "Pat" W. Swann Water Treatment Plant
Date: Jan 28, 2019 at 7:30 AM
(3): 6850 Shallowford Rd, Lewisville US-NC (36.0953,-80.4293)
Date: Jan 28, 2019 at 9:25 AM
(4): 1631 Waughtown St, Winston-Salem US-NC (36.0693,-80.2031)
Date: Jan 28, 2019 at 9:59 AM
(5): Salem Lake--Marina
Date: Jan 28, 2019 at 10:10 AM
(6): Salem Lake--Linville Rd.
Date: Jan 28, 2019 at 11:05 AM
(7): Salem Lake
Date: Jan 28, 2019 at 12:15 PM
(8): Walnut Cove Wastewater Treatment Plant Wetland
Date: Jan 28, 2019 at 2:15 PM

27 Canada Goose -- (2),(5),(8)
12 Northern Shoveler -- (8)
7 Gadwall -- (8)
9 Mallard -- (8)
2 Green-winged Teal -- (8)
2 Lesser Scaup -- (8)
4 Bufflehead -- (6)
9 Common Merganser -- (2)
16 Ruddy Duck -- (5),(6),(7)
3 Pied-billed Grebe -- (6)
1 Horned Grebe -- (6)
3 Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) -- (4)
9 Mourning Dove -- (2),(3)
25 Wilson's Snipe -- (8)
1 Bonaparte's Gull -- (2)
56 Ring-billed Gull -- (2),(5),(6),(7)
1 Double-crested Cormorant -- (5)
3 Great Blue Heron (Blue form) -- (2),(6),(7)
12 Black Vulture -- (5),(6),(7),(8)
4 Turkey Vulture -- (6),(8)
1 Cooper's Hawk -- (2)
2 Red-shouldered Hawk -- (2),(5)
3 Red-bellied Woodpecker -- (2),(6),(7)
1 Downy Woodpecker -- (7)
1 Pileated Woodpecker -- (2)
1 Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) -- (2)
1 Eastern Phoebe -- (2)
20 Blue Jay -- (2),(3),(5),(6),(7)
22 American Crow -- (1),(2),(3),(5),(6),(7),(8)
13 Fish Crow -- (1),(2),(5)
7 Carolina Chickadee -- (2),(6),(7)
12 Tufted Titmouse -- (2),(6),(7)
3 Red-breasted Nuthatch -- (6),(7)
2 White-breasted Nuthatch -- (7)
3 White-breasted Nuthatch (Eastern) -- (2),(3)
4 Brown-headed Nuthatch -- (7)
2 Brown Creeper -- (7)
6 Carolina Wren -- (2),(3),(7),(8)
1 Golden-crowned Kinglet -- (7)
1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet -- (8)
14 Eastern Bluebird -- (2),(6),(8)
1 Hermit Thrush -- (7)
5 American Robin -- (2)
5 Northern Mockingbird -- (2),(3),(8)
2 European Starling -- (2)
5 House Finch -- (2),(3)
15 Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored) -- (2)
8 White-throated Sparrow -- (3),(8)
1 Savannah Sparrow -- (8)
3 Song Sparrow -- (3),(8)
1 Eastern Towhee -- (3)
6 Northern Cardinal -- (2),(8)

This trip summary was created using the eBird app for iPhone and iPad.
See eBird for more information.

From my iPhone

May God Bless and Keep You

Jeff Blalock