Date: 1/28/19 3:57 pm
From: John Deacon <iseekbirds...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Vermillion Flycatcher at SMCC
All:
The Santa Maria Country Club was closed today.  I had noticed a very large number of Ring Necked Ducks there last week when I played golf.  I went back today to weed through them to see if possibly a Tufted Duck might be in the mix.  No Tufted Duck but I found a Vermillion Flycatcher near the bridge.  I also found a Scaup, which I believe is a Lesser, but I listed it as Lesser/Greater.  A pic is included with the checklist, so if you have any input, please let me know.  Finally, I found a Merlin dismembering a small Passerine.
The SMCC is adjacent to Waller Park with similar habitats.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S52151017
John Deacon

View/Reply Online (#28386): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/28386
-=-=-