Date: 1/27/19 9:45 pm
From: Mia Revels <0000004e74e60ce3-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Nickel Winter Bird Count
The Nickel Preserve Winter Bird Count is scheduled for Saturday February 2
from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. I hope that many of you can make it over to bird
with us.

If you haven't visited the Nickel Preserve yet, this is a great opportunity
to bird in one of the most beautiful natural areas in Oklahoma. The
preserve is located in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains with the scenic
Illinois River adjacent to some areas:
https://www.nature.org/…/j-t-nickel-family-nature-and-wild…/
<https://www.nature.org/en-us/get-involved/how-to-help/places-we-protect/j-t-nickel-family-nature-and-wildlife-preserve/?fbclid=IwAR1s96u2KHtGBmni4Ps11-4x-8Uc8O41eqf3i_jJvBfW6qF5ZXCB43FGt9U>

We will meet at the new Edmondson Public Access Area (formerly known as
Combs Public Access Area) just east of the new combs bridge. Turn off Hwy
10 just a few miles northeast of Tahlequah to get there. I will pass out
bird checklists/maps and we will organize into groups with assigned areas
to cover.

After a lovely day of counting birds, we will all meet at the Preserve
Headquarters at 2:00 pm for Hot Soup and Bread! Please feel free to
contribute a dessert, bread, or side dish, but do not feel at all obligated
to do so. Also, if you want to drink something other than water, please
BYO. After feasting, we will compile a species list for the day (with
numbers to be tabulated later). I look forward to seeing you there! Also,
if you can let me know that you are coming, that would help a lot with
planning groups. Thanks!
Mia Revels

--
Mia Revels, Ph.D.
Professor of Biology

***CONFIDENTIALITY*** -This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
confidential, proprietary and privileged information. Any unauthorized
disclosure or use of this information is prohibited.

Join us on Facebook!