Date: 1/27/19 5:44 pm
From: Henry Link <linkh...>
Subject: Re: Razorbills; Jeannette's Pier, Nags Head, NC
We were also at Jennette's Pier this morning between about 10 and 11:30. We didn't do an actual count, but would estimate there were at least several hundred Razorbills visible from the pier, probably more, and a somewhat larger number of Red-throated Loons. Partly responsible for the high numbers were an ocean surface so smooth and air so calm that it was possible, using a 92mm scope at 100x, to ID Razorbills on the water out to a distance of about 1.5-2 miles from the end of the pier.

Also, the Golden-crowned Sparrow was still at the Harbinger stake-out about 9:00 AM.

Henry and Elizabeth Link
Greensboro, NC

On Jan 27, 2019, at 5:01 PM, Linda Ward (via carolinabirds Mailing List) wrote:

> This afternoon between noon and 2pm. We saw several. One close enough see without a scope. The others easily seen thru scope.
> More red-throated loons than we've seen here during winter.
>
> Linda Ward
> Skip Hancock
> Coinjock,NC

Join us on Facebook!