Date: 1/27/19 5:00 pm
From: Sulli Gibson <sulli.gibson...> [AKBirding] <AKBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [AK Birding] Southport Northern Hawk Owl
On 25 January, after a couple failed attempts to find a Northern Hawk Owl
at Carr Gottstein Park, I decided to check some of the nearby boggy habitat
that actually looked better for a Hawk Owl to me. Pretty quickly I was able
to find one at Southport Park near the fire station. It was actively
hunting around the park and made for a pretty enjoyable experience. The
bird was still present today (27 January), actually on the eave of one of
the townhomes. If you go, it seems that there is legal parking at the north
end of Discovery View Drive. Please be respectful and enjoy!

Sulli Gibson
Anchorage, AK

Join us on Facebook!