Date: 1/27/19 10:53 am
From: Peter Gent <gent...>
Subject: [cobirds] Rusty Blackbirds and Barrow's Goldeneyes, Denver
All,

This morning I ventured southeast to the Denver area, and had a successful
trip.

First, with the help of several local Denver birders, I saw two males and a
female Rusty Blackbirds. These birds have been along the creek at the
First Creek at DEN Open Space since at least January 1st. The quickest way
to the location is to take East 56th Ave east under the light rail bridge,
and turn immediately left onto a track. Go 1/4 mile north and park. The
birds are along the creek to the east and before the bridge where the creek
goes under East 56th Avenue.

I then went to the South Platte River, and saw a pair of Barrow's
Goldeneyes in their usual winter location in Adams County. This is in the
river about 300-400 yards upstream (south) of the green and white tank and
by two benches along the paved trail. The quickest way to get there is to
walk north from the parking lot at the east end of East 78th Avenue. This
location provides beautiful close comparisons between Barrow's and Common
Goldeneyes.

Peter Gent,
Boulder.