Date: 1/26/19 7:24 pm
From: Ken Hoesterey via Groups.Io <kenbee60=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Laughing Gull at Goleta Beach
Hi, that is a big maybe...in the 50 some gulls resting opposite the parking lot east end, there was at least one small gull with a black beak and grey/green/black legs, his head and shoulder feathers mostly white with shades of grey/brown...some websites show pictures claiming it is a first winter bird, but I sure can't say.
It was nervous, stayed by itself, faced me the whole time, had no black marks behind it's eyes when it looked left and right.
I had watched it with binocs, and when I went to get my camera a GBHeron flew over and the whole mob panicked and flew out to sea.
There was another nearby but separate group of maybe ten other small gulls there with bill tips of black with the rest of the bill grey green.
Interested birders may want to try to look for it at low tide in the afternoon.
cheers
Ken Hoesterey

View/Reply Online (#28376): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/28376
-=-=-