Date: 1/26/19 5:49 pm
From: Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...>
Subject: FW: eBird Report - Meeker Lake, Jan 26, 2019
Made a visit to Meeker Lake this morning. Found a decent run of waterfowl and had one
Bald Eagle flyover as I was leaving. Seeing the Purple Finch female is always a treat.

I found a couple of trails on the west side that I had not previously known about. Turn
south off Hwy 62 just east of the Mammoth Baptist Church. Drive a mile to the end of the
dirt road and park near the gate. Walk south on the gravel road for half a mile. Where the
two track curves right to a gate, continue straight ahead onto a wide mowed path. The trail
is marked with yellow flags and a few signs labeling it as trail "C". The trail is
relatively flat with few rocks. It follows the lake for a while and runs down the west side
shore for a bit. It climbs a ridge and then mostly stays in the woods. I hiked for about
1.5 miles but did not come to the end of the trail. I think it may go all the way around
The south end of the lake but I haven't ground-truthed that yet. There is a "Blue" flagged
trail which veers east off the Yellow trail but I did not find the end of it either. This
west side road and trail is my favorite area of Meeker Lake. This new found trail allows
you to see the large arm at the south end of the lake. That was where most of the
waterfowl was hanging out.

Jimmy Woodard
Midwest City, OK

Meeker Lake, Lincoln, Oklahoma, US