Date: 1/26/19 11:11 am
From: Gillian Smits via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Recommendation for Florida birding trip
Hi

I hope some of you can help me with some recommendations for my first birding trip to Florida. I would love to go to Sanibel Island but am afraid of the red tide issues that occurred on the gulf side last year. Currently none has been detected there right now but being an asthmatic, it would be problematic for me and I would have to cancel the trip if circumstances changed at the time I go. I plan on going anytime from the end of March to mid May so my dates are flexible.

I would love to stay in just one area as a base and then see as much from there as possible. I’d prefer to stay near or on the coast so I can also get in a bit of beach time and would love to see lots of water and shore birds! I don’t have a preference of either east, west or south coastlines but am thinking if I want to be safe from red tide I probably should visit a place where it is not a problem.

I don’t wish to clog up this list with information that is irrelevant to anyone else so please feel free to email me personally.

Thank you so much.

Gillian
Avon, CT