Date: 1/25/19 6:32 pm
From: larry corridon <larry961357...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Rufus/Allens and White Tailed Kites
I just saw my first of year Rufus/Allens hummer at my feeders.

Below are the dates and count of White Tailed Kites that have come in to roost in the upper Struve Slough behind my house at dusk. I will continue to monitor the birds to see how long the group lasts (at least, in my neighborhood).

1/14 10 birds
1/19 7 birds
1/20 12 birds
1/21 18 birds
1/25 18 birds

I’m being pretty careful on my count as the birds fly into the area singly or in small groups. They circle around and land a couple of trees, then fly again and circle around, sometimes landing in other nearby tress repeating this until they finally settle for 2 or 3 trees just as it gets dark. It’s quite a sight but doesn’t last more than 20 minutes from the first bird arriving to the group finally settling into 2 or 3 trees. Sorry I have no photos but it’s too dark, at least for my camera, and I’m too busy trying to get an accurate count!

Larry Corridon