Date: 1/25/19 12:51 pm
From: mike hiotis <mchhiotis...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Northern Shrike continues at Cold Brook Reserve,Huntrdon Co.
A thanks goes out to the finders ( L.T. fide J.E.)

The imm. Northern Shrike appeared about 9:30 AM flying out of the farm
adjacent to Cold Brook's northern perimeter. It landed high in a tall tree
in the field above the pond then flew about 200 yds. to a hedgerow on the
western edge. It was then seen near the pond where it eventually worked
that hedgerow east to 100yds from the parking area.At this point it was
spooked off the ground by a birder searching for sparrows. It flew within
25 yds of us as we were headed for the parking area and landed high up in a
tree left and close to the main path.It afforded us some nice views.I hated
the experience.

Mike Hiotis
Martinsville NJ

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>