Date: 1/25/19 9:21 am
From: Jamie Meyers via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Hammo Trumpeter Swans
Unfortunately for January and state listers they were flyovers but folks birding in the area should keep an eye out.

I was driving west from the nature center area towards the rotary and was about halfway between those two spots when a pair of swans caught my eye. Even though they were flyovers they were fairly low and in good light and I am absolutely positive of the ID. They were flying south and disappeared behind the trees over the Sound. I quickly sped to Middle Beach but they were gone and were nowhere to be seen on the water or in the sky.

It would be interested to see if any Trumpeters are reported from Long Island in the days to come. Goes to show, always keep an eye out.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT

Sent from my iPhone, likely using voice to text technology that needs refinement. Please forgive any grammatical misadventures.