Date: 1/24/19 2:37 pm
From: Dominik Mosur <dominikmosur...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Recent misc.
Between rain showers Sunday (1/20) I connected with the wintering Blackburnian and Wilson's Warblers at Lake Merced.

The Blackburnian was in the albizia bush right next to the metal gate post for Harding Rd. at Skyline Blvd. It was foraging slowly and deliberately in the interior of the bush and I would have probably missed it had I not clued into its soft call notes.

The Wilson's Warbler continued at the east end of the defunct Pacific Rod and Gun Club on John Muir Drive.

The last two visits earlier this week I've noted a Bewick's Wren (very rare in winter in Golden Gate Park) in the shrubby areas around Metson Lake and above the restrooms next to the Polo Fields. A Spotted Towhee was present one of the days as well, also a notable species in winter for GGP.

Today (1/24/19) at noon a lone White-throated Swift flew over Corona Hill heading west.

Dominik Mosur
San Francisco

-=-=-
Group Owner: SFBirds+<owner...>