Date: 1/24/19 1:52 pm
From: <susan...>
Subject: Kudos-- Winter meeting of the Carolina Bird Club
Carolinabirders--

I expect all of you were aware of the rarities found/seen this past
weekend during the Winter Meeting of the Carolina Bird Club. 173
species in all!! The birds may have been the stars but so many committed
birders were also involved in making it a special experience. Thanks to
the planning efforts of Christine Stoughton-Root and Les Coble it was a
huge success. These meetings involve a lot of coordinating and all
sorts of effort from *many* of our committed club members.

The weekend really flew with trips, presentations and socializing (of
course!). It was terrific seeing old friends and making new ones--
including some younger birders. And the weather could not have been
more cooperative!

So-- on to a shameless plug for the Spring Meeting that--as some already
know---- will be here in the Sandhills. Look forward to seeing many of
you May 3-5!!

Susan Campbell
Southern Pines, NC