Date: 1/24/19 10:32 am
From: Jared Del Rosso <jared.delrosso...>
Subject: [cobirds] Dark-eyed Juncos - Arapahoe
In my yard, during the snow, were all the expected types of Dark-eyed
Juncos, including two of the Gray-backed (my favorites) and one
White-winged Junco. I first noticed the White-winged on January 19th. I
think it's a first-year, but while it provided good looks today through my
binoculars, showing the wingbars, the extensive white on tail when spread,
and the larger size than nearby juncos, I can't seem to get a decent photo
for closer study. It may be a female.

For good measure, one of the juncos traipsed across my patio, leaving
tracks.

[image: DSC_0576 Junco Tracks.jpg]

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO