Date: 1/24/19 7:13 am
From: Dennis Kent <dkjtk...>
Subject: Re: [meckbirds] Yellow-throated Warbler - Davidson, NC
The latest posting of the Davidson College bird was by two birders on Tuesday 1/22 @ 2:30 pm.
Dennis KentIndian Trail

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
-------- Original message --------From: Kevin Metcalf <skermetcalf...> Date: 1/24/19 6:49 AM (GMT-05:00) To: Carolina Birds <carolinabirds...> Cc: Mecklenburg Audubon Society List <meckbirds...> Subject: [meckbirds] Yellow-throated Warbler - Davidson, NC
Yesterday evening I found a Yellow-throated Warbler in a small wooded park on the shore of Lake Norman, just north of Davidson Day School. Interesting because of it's rarity in winter, but also because this is about a mile from where a Yellow-throated Warbler was seen on the Davidson College campus earlier this winter. Same bird ? The Davidson College bird was seen Dec. 16, during  the Southern Lake Norman CBC. I also saw it in early January, in the same area it was originally found.
Yesterday the bird was foraging at times on the ground, associating with a couple Golden-crowned Kinglets. The plumage appears in very good condition. Just interesting to speculate what the odds are that this is the same bird a mile away, or another individual. Right now I am leaning toward it being the same bird - but would interested in learning if one can still be found on the college campus.
Kevin MetcalfHuntersville, NC

Join us on Facebook!