Date: 1/24/19 5:16 am
Subject: Lark Sparrow........
....... continues at Myrtle Beach State Park between Shelter 2 and the bath
house. It was no longer with the group of White-throated Sparrows. Instead
it was alone and would hide in the thick bushes and run out on occasion to
feed. It's much more timid then it was in the beginning. I am camping here
at the Park for a month and was disturbed to see people walking right into
the area where the bird was being seen. They had cameras with zoom lenses
so I did not see any reason to do that. I suggested to one person that they
use their vehicle as a blind since the bird was not afraid of cars. The
person stated that they would walk right around the area until they could
get their pictures. It's disturbing to me that someone would value that
photo more then the bird. I know this is an age old problem, but it still
bothers me to see it. Other people were conscientious enough to wait
patiently at a good distance with their cameras.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
--
Ginny Alfano Cleveland, NY

Join us on Facebook!